I am a Lecturer in Construction Management with a PhD in Construction Management and an MSc in Construction Project Management. I am an incorporate member of the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) and hold reviewer positions on industry acknowledged journals such as the International Journal on Construction Management and Benchmarking – and International Journal. With over 15 years’ experience in teaching, I have taught students at various levels in the UK and overseas. My industry experience includes working with stakeholders to improve industry performance
My duties include teaching a range of undergraduate Quantity Surveying and Construction Management courses. I also teach on the International Construction, Design and Sustainability (ICDS) Course in the School of Art, Design and Fashion at Solent University. I am the Level Leader for the HND in Quantity Surveying and also supervise and provide research support to final year students in their dissertation writing and the associated research.
My research interests are in Construction Productivity, Benchmarking, Construction Industry Performance, Public Private Partnerships, Sustainability, Construction Innovation, Modern Methods of Construction, Offsite Construction, 3-D Printing and Design for Manufacture and Assembly (DfMA) and Digital Construction.
My on-going research is looking into the new trends and technologies impacting the global construction industry. I am exploring the latest developments and innovations in Modern Methods of Construction such as offsite construction, pre-manufacturing in construction, Design for Manufacture and Assembly (DfMA), 3-D Printing, Robotics, Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality and Drones in Construction. The research is exploring how these technologies are transforming construction and the future opportunities they present for the industry. The study is also looking at the constraints to the uptake of these technologies and strategies to increase their use globally.
- Osei Kyei R, Chan, Albert P, Ayirebi Danso, Ofori-Kuragu JK, Owusu E. K. (2018) Motivations for adopting Unsolicited Proposals for Public-Private Partnership Project Implementation: A survey of International Experts Journal of Financial Management of Property and Construction 23(2)
- Osei Kyei R, Chan, Albert P, Ayirebi Danso, Ofori-Kuragu JK, Oppong G. (2018) Strategies for Effective Management of Unsolicited Public-Private Partnership Proposals Journal of Management in Engineering Vol 34 (3)
- Ofori-Kuragu, JK; Baiden, B; Badu, E (2017) Book - Transforming Construction in Ghana – An Action Agenda for Enabling World-class performance in the Ghanaian construction industry Project Excellence Accra
- Ofori-Kuragu JK, Owusu Manu, D and Ayarkwa, J (2016) The Case for a Construction Industry Council in Ghana Journal for Construction in Developing Countries 21(2):131-149
- Ottou, Jemima A. Baiden, Bernard K, Ofori – Kuragu, Joseph K (2016) The Use of Six Sigma as a Performance Improvement Strategy in the Construction Industry: New Trends and Applications International Journal of Engineering and Management Research Vol 6. Issue 1 P.538-546
- Ofori-Kuragu, JK; Baiden, B; Badu, E (2016) Key Performance Indicators for Project Success in Ghanaian Contractors International Journal of Construction Engineering and Management 5(1): 1-10
- Ofori-Kuragu, JK; Baiden, B; Badu, E (2016) Critical Success Factors for Improving Ghanaian Contractor Performance – Benchmarking – An International Journal Vol 23 Issue 4
- J.K. Ofori-Kuragu, B.K. Baiden & E. Badu (2016) Performance measurement tools for Ghanaian contractors, International Journal of Construction Management, 16:1, 13-26, DOI: 10.1080/15623599.2015.1115245
- E. N. Ankomah, B. K. Baiden, J. K. Ofori-Kuragu Lean Techniques Approaches to Managing Ghanaian Contractor Supply Chains International Journal of Construction Engineering and Management 2015, 4(3): 87-94
- Ofori-Kuragu, JK; Baiden B; Badu E (2014) Factors Affecting Ghanaian Contractor Performance –Published in Proceedings for the CIB W107 2014 International Conference (pp.275-285). Lagos: International Council for Research and Innovation in Building and Construction
- Bernard K. Baiden, Kofi Agyekum and Joseph K. Ofori-Kuragu (2014) BARRIERS TO THE USE OF BURNT CLAY BRICKS FOR HOUSING," Journal of Construction Engineering Vol. 2014
- Osei – Kyei Robert, Ayirebi Dansoh & Ofori – Kuragu J. K (2014) Reasons for adopting Public Private Partnerships (PPPs) for construction projects in Ghana International Journal of Construction Management (Taylor & Francis) 16(1):1-14
- Ofori-Kuragu K, Attafua Y.B., Lamptey L. J.(2013) SUITABILITY OF THE PRIVATE FINANCE INITIATIVE (PFI) SYSTEM FOR ADOPTION IN GHANA’S WATER SECTOR Proceedings of the 3rd Ghana Water Conference Ghana Water Forum, Accra
- Ofori-Kuragu, J. K., & Edum-Fotwe, F. T., Baiden, B. (2010). Benchmarking UK Construction firms Value Added and Productivity performance COBRA (2010) COBRA 2010 Conference held at Dauphne Universitait, Paris, 3-5 September, 2010
- Ofori-Kuragu, J. K., & Edum-Fotwe, F. T. (2009). Key performance indicators (KPIs) for enabling world-class performance by Ghanain contractors. Conference for Postgraduate Researchers of the Built Environment (PRoBE) . Glasgow: Glasgow Caleidonian University
- Ofori-Kuragu, K., & Baiden, B. (2008). Enabling world-class performance in Ghanaian contractors-a framework for benchmarking. COBRA 2008. Dublin: RICS.